DJ Top Ten: Domenic Cappello
1. Leeon - A New Chapter EP (Seventh Sign)
A breakthrough artist features on this, the new 7th Sign, which also sees Conforce deliver a slick remix. The Glasgow-based DJ and producer uses his debut to serve up three beautiful slices of the proper machine soul.
2. Pittsburgh Track Authority - Snap Off (PGHTRX 002)
After the buzz on their first release on PGHTRX 001, Thomas Cox and co. deliver another slice of great house.
3. Tazz - Many Reasons (Tsuba)
My favorite track off his new album, Tazz produces another great piece of synth led music. Think Detroit meets Larry Heard.
4. Leon Vynehall - Homage (Well Rounded House Project)
Raw deep house track that sounds great on the sub-sound system or in any dark and smoky nightclub.
5. Barnt - Hark (Mule Musiq)
I’m always looking for something that stands out from the rest and this does, hard to put this in any specific bracket. Different but class.
6. Anaxander - Moons of Jupiter (LWYF 003)
Deep dark chord-led house track that bubbles along and just when you think that’s all there is to it, in the middle the track flips on you and goes off into an old school techno track.
7. Yor - Modern Slaves of Contemporary Contexts EP (Purple Maze)
Phaedra's Love is my fave on this EP, deep warm up track that’s nice, dark and creepy.
8. Trevino - Derelict (Naked Lunch)
Pressed on purple vinyl, these are great Detroit techno inspired tracks by Trevino aka Marcus Intalex.
9. October - String Theory (Legowelt remix) (Simple)
Legowelt is a genius, a great remix. This man can do no wrong.
10. Marco Bernardi - The Burning Love Ensemble (Royal Oak)
Again beautiful electronic soul, every track on this works. Complex but still raw, proper music.